Auckland City is well-known for its diverse culture and with that comes a great selection of international restaurants. Japanese dining is a favourite, and with the many fantastic Japanese restaurants in Auckland, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Japanese food is famous for its amazing variety and its wonderful use of seafood.
The variety of Japanese restaurants is vast. You could choose to have a very traditional Japanese meal or choose a restaurant that uses all the traditional Japanese ingredients tailored to Kiwi tastes!
There are some great Japanese restaurants in Takapuna on the North Shore (Kyoya have a great Mochi Mochi Ice dessert, a combination of vanilla and green tea ice cream wrapped in sticky rice pastry)! Parnell, Ponsonby and Freemans Bay are also great places to find an ’international array’ of cuisine!
Now all you have to do is choose which one of the many fabulous Japanese restaurants in Auckland takes your fancy!
- Ichiban Japanese Restaurant & Karaoke Pub
- UMI Japanese Restaurant
- Japanese Cuisine bien
- Blowfish Sushi To Die For
- Ariake Japanese Restaurant
- Tanuki’s Cave
- Genta Sake Bar
- Daikoku Restaurant
- Daikoku Restaurant Izakaya
- Fujisan Japanese Restaurant
- Ken Yakitori Bar Anzac
- Ramen Daikoku
- Harbourside Seafood Bar & Grill
- Kura Sake Bar
- Tanuki Sushi & Sake Bar
- Kabuki Teppanyaki Restaurant, Stamford Hotel & Resort
- Sharaku Japanese Restaurant
East Tamaki Heights
- Soto Japanese Garden Restaurant
- Tomo Japanese Restaurant & Yakitori Bar
- Renkon Express
- Genji Japanese Restaurant